Thursday, December 4, 2008

Schindler's list review

(Assignment #2)

Schindler's list is a true story about a man named Schindler who during World War II worked to save jews from being sent to concentration camps, even though he himself was Nazi. In the beginning of the film, he is highly self centered, but soon his character develops into the compassionate person who risks his own life to save others'. It is shot in black and white, except for three times in the movie where specific items are coloured to let the audience notice those vital points better.

I first started watching Schindler's list when I was still young and easily frightened. When we got to the scene where they're cleaning the gettho, I couldn't stand it and went to my room, unable to sleep that night.

It is really a powerful movie. I tried watching it again this year, and I absolutely loved it. The shootage is beautiful and the story keeps you concentrated all through the 185 minutes. I watched nervously as the jews came to places where they could be killed any minute, and Schindler fighting to save them through bribes and personal contacts. At the end of the movie, I found myself crying, unable to take my eyes of the screen. It is such an amazing story - a reminder of that there actually is people who will risk everything to save others.

Other review:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2001/01/25/schindlers_list_1993_review.shtml

No comments: